CES (International Consumer Electronics Exhibition), CES As the “Spring Festival Evening” of the Science and Technology Circle, it will attract many manufacturers, media, and techniciors every year. This year, the CES2021 was changed on the line due to the influence of the new crown. At this year’s CES 2021, Intel showed the 11th Generation Intel Core VPRO CPU, which increased the lesser detection function at the chip level, which will be able to detect the lesser attack in the hardware level to ensure safety.
These hardware-based detection are done by Intel Threat Detection (Intel TDT) and hardware shields that are running directly under the CPU below the operating system and firmware layers.
Intel hardware protection is a built-in security feature, which can provide security protection for CPU hardware, such as:
1. Help prevent malicious code injection by restricting memory access in BIOS at runtime;
2. Dynamic start the operating system and virtual machine management program in the Intel? hardware security code environment that cannot be accessed from the firmware. This technology also helps to verify that the operating system and its virtual environment are running directly on Intel hardware, rather than spoofing hardware malware.
3. Provide operating system visibility to understand the BIOS and firmware protection methods used during startup.
Inteltdt uses hardware telemetry technology to detect non-file malware, mining software, polymorphic malware and lessifier according to CPU indicators and behavior detection in real time. When the threat is found, TDT will send a signal to the security software integrated with the platform to issue an alert to the threat.
When the threat is detected in real time, Intel TDT sends a high fidelity signal to trigger a repair workflow in the security vendor code. IntelTDT does not release specialized efficacy or performance reports; in contrast, data is seamlessly integrated into the normal endpoint sensor report.
Intel TDT security function
IntelTDT also allows security software to unload memory scans to your Board Intel graphics engine to improve performance. Since these functions run directly on the CPU and run under any software including BIOS and firmware, it is possible to prevent malware from hidden from hardware security.
Cybereason and Intel cooperate to provide hardware-based cloth protection
At the press conference, Intel also announced that it will cooperate with Cybereason at Boston, which is expected to increase support for these new functions for its security software in the first half of 2021. This will be the first case of “PC hardware playing direct role in detection of lessi software attacks”, which also reflects the increasing rampants of Leon software, causing attention to major manufacturers.
This means that the security company Cybereason announces that they will integrate the security platform with Intel’s TDT to perform hardware-based leisible software detection.
Cybereason Joint founder said:
Cooperation with Intel adds CPU-based threat detection, which consolidates our industry leaders in the testing and elimination of lesser. First-class hardware, software, and security technology combined with comprehensive visibility for the defenders.
Cyberreason pointed out that they will benefit from the following aspects using TDT disclosed CPU counters and indicators:
1.CPU threat detection: By using CPU-based leisible software behavior, enabling business customers can transcend signature and file-based technologies.
2. Full stack visibility: Eliminating the blind spot of exposed lesser software because it avoids hidden in memory in memory, while distinguishing the legitimate data encryption process for business purposes.
3. Release machine learning to provide better security: Enterprises can increase the ability to analyze more data and more secure scans by uninstalling loads to Intel integrated graphics controllers, thus accelerating performance-intensive machine learning security algorithms .
Accelerate terminal prevention, detection, and responses, companies can enhance their security proxy processing performance to get a better user experience. According to Cybereason and Intel, this cooperation will be the first time to directly use PC hardware to detect lesso software.
Lessso software is the most serious security threat in 2020, which is not enough to prevent sustained threats. Intel’s new 11th CorevPro mobile platform provides the industry’s first chip-based threat detection capability that provides urgent hardware-based protection against these types of attacks. Coupled with Cybereason’s multi-layer protection, companies will get full stack visibility from the CPU telemetry to help prevent lesso software from escaping the traditional signature-based defense.